[governance] Re: [IRPCoalition] Domino effect starts: Vigilantismo: Gov. do Rio emite Decreto p/ solicitação de registros telefônicos e de Internet

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Jul 25 01:59:26 EDT 2013

I do take your point about "IG as crisis response" but perhaps a better word would have been "IG as a knee jerk reaction to a crisis"

Any form of governance at all that does not budget for and respond in a measured manner to a crisis or other unexpected eventuality is fundamentally flawed.  [which probably describes global IG to a T, just now, but still ..]

This is something that civil society can't do of itself, or even in a "leadership" role - it needs steady and sustained multistakeholder involvement, from industry and especially from like minded lawmakers, and international organizations.

--srs (iPad)