[governance] "Shared decision-making procedures" in IG: examples from the ITU Global Youth Summit

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at ciroap.org
Sun Jul 21 09:42:32 EDT 2013

We tend to be a bit sanctimonious about the shortcomings of the ITU, but the IGF could take a leaf out of its book in relation to some of the procedural innovations of its non-high-level meetings.  I've previously harped on the lost opportunity of "speed dialogues" that were promised for Rio, but that extended only to local participants.  This has progressed into the use of innovative tools for remote participants to engage also, in this case for the upcoming Global Youth Summit: BYND 2015.  See below for an overview of these.  Why can't the IGF muster the imagination to try anything like this?

Begin forwarded message:

--
Dr Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Policy Officer

Explore our new Resource Zone - the global consumer movement knowledge hub |http://www.consumersinternational.org/news-and-media/resource-zone

@Consumers_Int | www.consumersinternational.org | www.facebook.com/consumersinternational

Read our email confidentiality notice. Don't print this email unless necessary.