[governance] WG: Final deadline and requirements for workshop proposal completeness

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed Jul 17 08:23:16 EDT 2013

Nick Ashton-Hart <nashton at consensus.pro> wrote:

> I know the Secretariat does the best that it can. Frankly, what they
> do given that it is almost all-volunteers doing it is pretty
> miraculous. That said, I do think that the way in which things are
> structured, including the deadline issues, does not really produce
> the best result for anyone.

Agreed. Putting deadlines later without making it impossible for them
to do what they'll need to do between the deadline and the IGF would
probably require an increase in paid secretariat staff.

I think that this is probably primarily a funding problem.

Greetings,
Norbert

--
Recommendations for effective and constructive participation in IGC:
1. Respond to the content of assertions and arguments, not to the person