[governance] WG: Final deadline and requirements for workshop proposal completeness

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Wed Jul 17 05:46:38 EDT 2013

In message
<CALCecM-H96-WZcw+kBEFq-vfBZXVn2Y4Qootsoq4o9CB6ORasA at mail.gmail.com>, at
11:09:13 on Tue, 16 Jul 2013, Ginger Paque <ginger at paque.net> writes
>I had a quick communication with Chengetai, and what I understand from
>him and the website is that accepted workshops (81 according to the
>website at http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/workshop-status-) should have
>as much information (confirmed panelist names) as possible by July
>18th, because editing of workshops and panelists will be closed for two
>weeks while the Secretariat sets up a workshop schedule, using the
>currently available information to avoid conflicts in
>presenters/panelists schedules. Printing of information will also be
>based on information available on July 18th

This seems entirely reasonable (and it's already a deadline that's been
extended). It's not as if the deadlines don't happen every year, and yet
people always leave it too late to arrange their workshops.

Getting the programme finalised (early August) less than three months
before a meeting, might be considered by some "leaving it a bit late" in
any case.
--
Roland Perry