[governance] Are Techies from Venus and Non-techies from Mars :)

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Thu Jan 31 16:58:33 EST 2013

Ah. Thank you. I am glad to hear that.

One sad part of loaded language among several commentators in say network neutrality is the automatic assumption of malicious intent in any step at all taken by whoever they are in opposition to.

Thus I have seen deep packet inspection .. even if deployed for network security .. called "eavesdropping" and spam filtering equated to blackmail and a shakedown. This, by rather respected commentators, which has caused me to be rather vocal about the issue in the past.

--srs (iPad)