[governance] RE: Post-Modern Paradigm for Standards--Some Comments

Lee W McKnight lmcknigh at syr.edu
Wed Jan 30 20:22:25 EST 2013

Well....

Even if fundamentally flawed is it better than the default, which is more and more proprietary ' standards;' none of which pretend to do anything other than promote particular private interests in one market or another? But I defer to the general IGC sentiment not to sign on.

As I previously noted, for the WiGiT open specs v0.2 which we are just wrapping up, we have incorporated the new and improved by Michael and Norbert edition of the -not so - rfc.

Which to be cute I am dubbing the 'Post-Modern Paradigm for Standards' ; )

Along with 10 Internet Rights and Principles, and 14 accessibility guidelines.

We'll pass a link to WiGiT v0.2 by the list next week; more tweakers and editors for v0.3 are welcome.*

(One way of thinking about what we are doing is extending Internet governance principles to - things - as in Internet of Things; from Clouds.  All clear now? ; )

Lee

* The fine print: WiGiT v0.2 has been developed in cooperation with the Enterprise Cloud Leadership Council of the TM Forum, an industry standards group; WiGiT v0.3 will be developed in cooperation with the IEEE 2030.4 smart grid interoperability working group.