[governance] Towards an IGC Statement on RFC 6852 "Affirmation of the Modern Paradigm for Standards"

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 13:58:30 EST 2013

I want to be clear...

Do I take it that you (and others who want to sign on to RFC 6852) agree
with a statement of Internet standard setting "core values and principles"
which

.         does not make provision for "inclusion";

.         appears to take as its sole measure of assessment "market
success";

.         does not include as a core element, the Internet's role in
supporting the "public interest"; and

.         makes provision for "competition" on and through the Internet but
not for example, for "collaboration"?

Mike