AW: [governance] caucus contribution, consultation and MAG meeting

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Tue Jan 29 03:33:28 EST 2013

How do you feel about devoting a day to a single subject and using
mixed formats?

For example:

Morning: 2 hours of panel or round table ("experts" + a listening audience)
Mid-day: Morning session closes with set of questions, challenges.
Audience encouraged (as they wish) to join in small groups
(self-organize) to discuss any/all issues raised.  Use social media to
say where a group is, topics selected, language used, provide updates,
etc etc.  4 hours including lunch.
Afternoon: 2 hour plenary.  Groups come back to main hall and
share/discuss (moderator act as facilitators,)

Rapporteurs might attempt to identify outcomes, report in to a session
on the last afternoon. Rapporteurs might be a small multi-stakeholder
team, or an individual.

Not wedded to any of above, but I think enhanced cooperation and
Internet principles both merit much more time than a single typical
format session can offer.

Adam