[governance] today's Wash Post editorial

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Sat Jan 26 15:27:01 EST 2013

hi,

At least in terms of ccTLDs*, they have guaranteed not to and the global protest might be dissuasive.

While I have spent a lot of time working on gTLDs, my view is that is anyone wants to do anything Human Rights related, should get their domain name from a safe country's ccTLD.

In terms of Copyright etc, though, no country can be trusted completely when if comes to pressure from wealthy 'property' owners.

avri

* ccTLD - Country code Top Level Domain, e.g. .is or .fi