AW: [governance] "US Exceptionalism" (was Re: Bloomberg - The Overzealous Prosecution...)

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Wed Jan 23 10:10:08 EST 2013

In my eyes, the AoC has opend the door for an innovation in the "oversight issue". The review process has the potential to become a oversighr mechanism. The good thing with the review is that it is first not centralized in one body/team/process but in four issue based processes and second it uis multistakehooder with a stong governmental involvement. Unfoirtunately the first round was done in a hurry with no model in place and the results had been not so impressive. However there is potential in the process. Insofar the 2nd ATRT which will start soon, couod take a big step forward filling the gap a lot of people feel that some sort of oversight is needed.

And AoC/ATRT is indeed better than to have a governmental oversight of 1 (as it was under the MoU/JPA), 11 (as proposed three years agi by the EU) or 159 (UNITU) governments.

wolfgang