techno-politics was Re: [governance] Bloomberg - The Overzealous

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sun Jan 20 11:05:58 EST 2013

It is of course a complex system and one where change must be slow, steady and incremental

Any Big Bang change of any description would require a sufficiently large stimulus or threat to the stability of the DNS as a whole.  Otherwise, attempting to fix something that is not broken, and that carries very real risks of breaking in unknown ways once tinkered with, is not a matter of political or technical faith.  It is a matter of engineering and architecture, neither of which believes in blind faith as much as it believes in science and mathematics.

Meanwhile, the most active proponents of alternate roots are currently either criminal elements or totalitarian regime censors, rather than advocates of liberty and freedom from US exceptionalism.

--srs (iPad)