AW: AW: [governance] Multistakeholder Roles and Responsibilities

"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de
Fri Jan 18 06:14:12 EST 2013

Hi Anriette and others,

you are right to think more in mid-term categories and general strategies linked to an institutional reform of the ITU (BTW, I have my doubts that ITU member states are ready for this in Busan in 2014). A key process will be WTDC 2014. There will bis SIX regional PrepCom meetings in 2013. And as you know, the ITU has decided to merge the WTDC process with the WSIS 10+ Follow up. With other words, in all of the six WTDC regional PrepComs they will discuss on two or three extra days implementation of WSIS, including (regional) Internet Governance. The WSIS 10+ Hihg Level meeting will be done now in conjunction with WTDC 14in Egypt, propbably in Sharm el Sheikh, in spring 2014. ITUs Plenipotentiary Conference is in Busan in October 2014.

If we write a letter to ITU and liked minded ITU member states with regard to WTPF, we should raise kn the same letter also CS participation in the WTDC process.

Wolfgang

http://www.itu.int/en/ITU-D/Conferences/WTDC/WTDC14/Pages/rpm.aspx