[governance] Notice to the IGC on Proposed Charter Amendments

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 13:18:24 EST 2013

Imran is raising a very good point about the "abstain" option. A "none of
the above" vote is usually a protest against "the system" which is (the
abstainer is asserting) somehow structured in such a way as to not allow for
choices sufficient to the abstainer's taste.

In our case, who would the abstainer be protesting against and what are the
structures that are in place to prevent the inclusion of a candidate to the
taste of the abstainer i.e. what does the abstainer want and who do they
expect to do this?