[governance] Notice to the IGC on Proposed Charter Amendments

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Jan 14 07:32:24 EST 2013

Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:

> I think that other amendments should be considered at the same time.

The downside here is related to the situation that there appears to be
some urgency in regard to nomcom creation.

> Here are the other amendments that I would like to propose be added to
> the ballot:
>
>   * Under "Selection of Coordinators", regarding when elections are
>     held, change "by midsummer (the summer solstice) to "within 15
>     months of the previous election".  Also in "If events prevent an
>     election by midsummer, it will be held as soon after midsummer as
>     possible," change the word "midsummer" to "then" in both places.

This proposal would require further changes to the charter, as it would
likely lead to no election at all taking place in some calender years.

So I think that this proposal is not yet ripe for putting it to a vote.

>   * Under "Working methods", update the address of the mailing list
> from governance at lists.cpsr.org to governance at lists.igcaucus.org.

I support this amendment proposal.

Greetings,
Norbert