[governance] a formal appeal request to the appeal team to reverse the recent ban on a Member

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 06:47:11 EST 2013

All,

Our charter says:

"Duties of the appeals team.

Any time 4 individual members of the IGC co-sign a statement on the
main IGC mailing list they can appeal any decision of the
coordinators. When a decision is appealed, the appeals team will
review any discussions that occurred and will request comments from
the IGC membership. Based on the information they collect and
discussion, they will decide on the merit of the appeal.
Decisions by the appeals team are based on a majority vote of the
appeal team, i.e., three (3) or ore votes, except in the case of
coordinator recall which requires full consensus.
The decision of the appeals team will be final on every decision reviewed."

I hereby call on the appeals team to activate this process on the
subject of the recent decision to remove SRS from the mailing list.

--
Cheers,

McTim