[governance] Re: The Appeals Team

Kabani kabani.asif at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 06:46:07 EST 2013

Agree with Tom

He has shared the details agreed by NomCom on July 24, 2012.

Pl, let move forward :)

Regards

On 8 January 2013 13:27, Izumi AIZU <iza at anr.org> wrote:

> Thanks Thomas for bringing this up and clear confirmation.
>
> So our Appeals Team 2012 actually has terms for 1 year, till next July.
>
> Sorry for overlooking that!!
>
> izumi
>

> 2013/1/8 Thomas Lowenhaupt <toml at communisphere.com>
>
>>  IGC List,
>>
>> My records indicate the current members of the Civil Society Internet
>> Governance Caucus Appeals Team are:
>>
>>    - *Ginger Paque*
>>    - *Ian Peter*
>>    - *Roland Perry*
>>    - *Shaila Rao Mistry*
>>    - *Deirdre Williams*
>>
>> They were appointed by the NomCom on July 24, 2012. The appointment was
>> for one year beginning on July 24, 2012. (See copy of the NomCom report
>> below.)
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>
>> Thomas Lowenhaupt, Chair (non-voting)
>> 2012 Appeals Team Nominating Committee
>>
>> P.S. The
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> -------- Original Message --------  Subject: The Nominating Committee's
>> Appeals Team Selection Report  Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 11:31:00 -0400  From:
>> Thomas Lowenhaupt <toml at communisphere.com> <toml at communisphere.com>  To: governance
>> list IG Caucus <governance at lists.igcaucus.org><governance at lists.igcaucus.org>  CC:
>> Asif Kabani <kabani.asif at gmail.com> <kabani.asif at gmail.com>, Hakikur
>> Rahman <email at hakik.org> <email at hakik.org>, Naveed haq
>> <naveedpta at hotmail.com> <naveedpta at hotmail.com>, Shahid Akbar
>> <shahid.akbar at biid.org.bd> <shahid.akbar at biid.org.bd>, Wilson Abigaba
>> <abigabaw at gmail.com> <abigabaw at gmail.com>, Jeremy Malcolm
>> <Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au> <Jeremy at Malcolm.id.au>
>>
>> Fellow Member of the Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus,
>>
>> The Appeals Team Nominating Committee is delighted to announce that the
>> selection process for the Appeals Team has been successfully completed with
>> the following 5 nominees receiving a majority vote from the NomCom members:
>>
>>    - *Ginger Paque*
>>    - *Ian Peter*
>>    - *Roland Perry*
>>    - *Shaila Rao Mistry*
>>    - *Deirdre Williams*
>>
>> The NomCom effort began in May and included several outreach emails to
>> the IGC list detailing the need and process for selecting an Appeals Team.
>> As a result of this outreach effort the NomCom received 11 nominees. The
>> Committee them confirmed with the nominees their willingness to serve. All
>> responded positively. The 11 nominees confirming their willingness to serve
>> were:
>>
>>    - Ginger Paque
>>    - Gurumurthy Kasinathan
>>    - Ian Peter
>>    - Imran Ahmed Shah
>>    - Judy Okite
>>    - Michael Gurstein
>>    - Raquel Gatto
>>    - Roland Perry
>>    - Shaila Rao Mistry
>>    - Vincent Solomon Aliama
> [...]

*Connect me*
[image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/kabani.asif> [image:
Twitter]<https://twitter.com/Kabaniasif>
 [image: Youtube] <http://www.youtube.com/user/asifkabani> [image:
LinkedIn]<http://www.linkedin.com/in/kabani>

*Wait Before you print - Think about the** **ENVIRONMENT*