[governance] FW: [IP] Google's Lawyers Work Behind the Scenes to Carry the Day - NYTimes.com

Guru गुरु Guru at ITforChange.net
Mon Jan 7 00:29:20 EST 2013

On 01/06/2013 10:22 PM, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> So do you get all your news from just news.google.com
> <http://news.google.com> and other google search results, instead of
> Facebook shares, Riaz gleefully posting every article he sees about
> google being investigated for, say, giggling in church?
>
> And did Riaz find this news item anywhere other than google search?
>
> And does this reality distortion field google is supposed to have
> actually hide any search results from you that are negative to it?
>  Like search for "google FTC" and you get the EU action, statements
> from Microsoft slamming the decision etc.

Does 'personalised search' (without your having asked for, it or having
any role in such pesonalisation) not in a sense 'reality distortion'
....by offering different people different views on the same keyword search.

See attached aticle (the web link is not available anymore)

Guru