[governance] Updates on MAG 2013

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Sat Jan 5 23:07:48 EST 2013

On Sunday 06 January 2013 09:14 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have asked the former NomCom to assist in selecting the names of
> nominees that come in.

Disclaimer first: I dont remember who the members of the last non com
were, or even what was it constituted for. Neither do I have any
interest in the outcome of the MAG nomination process....

This said, I much prefer we repeat the list of volunteers rather than
repeat a nomcom. It take a few minutes to random pick a nomcom from a
list of volunteers and so the time taken for the two processes is almost
the same. But we have better randomness in getting a new slate every
time, which is a key objective of nomcom selection.

parminder