[governance] UK - DVLA: Seven staff suspended for posting "inappropriate" Facebook comments

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Wed Jan 2 20:28:03 EST 2013

Happy New Year, Avri, and everybody else.

I assure you that I have no problem Googling acronyms a lot, and I use
the translation facility sometimes (though not often on this list - and
the translation facility often fails on acronyms).

BUT:

I am also trying to extend the number of the few people involved in the
discussion of Internet Governance by trying to share issues with some
others - by having them read and consider what kinds of issues we are
facing and dealing with.

It is not much a problem for myself - but I am not sure if I am the only
one who often faces negative reactions "Too difficult to catch..." and
the acronym factor is often mentioned.

I did not dare to tell them: "Come on, use the opportunity to educate
yourself by research the acronyms!"

Norbert Klein
Cambodia

=