[governance] EuroDIG - Draft Programme out now for comments

sandra hoferichter sandra.hoferichter at freenet.de
Fri Feb 22 07:30:37 EST 2013

*******We apologise for cross posting*******

cid:4D7E4731.09B495E6.00000002

   Lisbon, 20 -21 June 2013
Information letter No. 02/13

Dear EuroDIGGERs,

Internet for society - how to serve the public interest?

was agreed as the overarching title for EuroDIG 2013.

After some intensive discussion during the first planning meeting in Lisbon,
the core team was asked to draft a
<http://www.guarder.net/eurodig/2013/EuroDIG%2013_draft%20programme_20130220
.pdf> preliminary programme. This programme is now open for comments and
suggestions. All interested individuals, organisations and communities are
now invited to send their comments to the EuroDIG secretariat.

1.     EuroDIG 13 -  2nd planning meeting

During the second planning meeting in Paris, on 28 February 2013, we are
leading to the validation of the draft outline, discuss names of experts and
organisations to be involved as focal points, organising teams etc.
Everybody is welcome to participate in this meeting. We are trying to
organize remote participation, details will be announce at our website.

The meeting will take place  directly after in the IGF open consultation
around 6 pm, at UNESCO Head Quarters, room XI, located at
<http://www.unesco.org/visit/uk/frames/v4/build.htm> the main building in
Place de Fontenoy .

Please note: you have to register to enter the UNESCO premises.
<http://www.unesco-ci.org/cmscore/civicrm/event/register?id=14&reset=1> The
registration link is here available.

2.     Side events for EuroDIG 13 in Lisbon

You are invited to hold your side event before or during the EuroDIG event
in Lisbon at hotel Altis. Please send your request to the EuroDIG
secretariat until 30 April 2013 to figure out the logistical details.

3.    Hotel booking

We can offer EuroDIG participants special arrangement with a number of
hotels in different price categories:

. <http://www.altishotels.com/EN/HotelAltisLisboa/> Altis Lisboa (5star) -
the EuroDIG venue

.SANA Lisboa Hotel <http://www.lisboa.sanahotels.com/en/>  (4 star)

. <http://www.domcarloshoteis.com/domcarloshoteis/homepage.asp?Language=EN>
Hotel Dom Carlos Liberty (3star)

All the hotels are located near the Altis and near the main Avenue - Ave.
Liberty.  Please use the
<http://www.veranatura.pt/paginas_php/form4/formulario.php> Hotel
Reservation Form for EuroDIG to make your reservation and payment.

The rooms will be guaranteed until 30 April 2013 only. After this date, room
reservations will be according availability of the hotels. We recommend to
make your reservation asap, as during this time of the year many hotels are
fully booked due to other conferences in Lisbon.

The EuroDIG team

If you don't want receive this information letter in the future please send
a message to
<mailto:office at eurodig.org?subject=please%20delete%20me%20from%20the%20list>
office at eurodig.org.

  _____

S a n d r a   H o f e r i c h t e r  /  W o l f   L u d w I g

Secretariat

European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG)

 <mailto:office at eurodig.org> office at eurodig.org
 <http://www.eurodig.org> www.eurodig.org