[governance] Note on Composition and Guidelines for the CSTD working group on enhanced cooperation

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Feb 18 08:08:50 EST 2013

Jeremy Malcolm <jeremy at ciroap.org> wrote:

> Anriette of APC has been nominated as the focal point for civil
> society.  So I suppose that our nomcom will have to communicate its
> recommendations through her.  Anriette is of course a suitable choice,
> but the fact that the IGC was not chosen as the focal point could also
> be considered to be a bit of a slight on us.  Oh well.

I wouldn't interpret this as a sleight. APC has been very active and
visible in the area of seeking multistakeholder dialogue specifically
on the enhanced cooperation topic. I don't recall IGC doing anything
visible yet to demonstrate interest in this topic. Of course the CSTD
Chair will want to select someone as "focal point" who has been seen
as having such a demonstrated interest.

I would propose that the IGC recommendations (as selected by our
NomCom) should be communicated to Anriette and in addition also
directly to CSTD, with an explanation of what the IGC is and what the
NomCom process does, etc. At this stage, the only thing that our
Caucus can do to be visible is to communicate.

Greetings,
Norbert