[governance] ¿Quienes votaron?

Imran Ahmed Shah ias_pk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 17 14:02:20 EST 2013

Dear Avri,

>I still believe that the voting
list being pruned to the voters of the last election who had affirmed that they
subscribe to the IGC charter, is a pretty serious purging
Charter Affirmation is required to confirm and to
remain as a IGC Member, and also related to the coordinators election
voting.... or stated in the voting process as "Each person who is
subscribed to the list at least two (2) months before the election will be
given a voter account."
But interestingly,
under the "Amendments to the Charter", the definition of the
membership and/or member for voting the charter is different than the voting
member for election:
"The
membership requirements for amending the charter are based on the most
currently available voters list. In amending the charter, everyone who voted in
the previous election will be deemed a member for amending the charter."
Even if there is
any mistake to elaborate the membership definition, it is necessary to follow
the Charter, however, this definition or confusion in the Charter may be amended
through similar process.
So, it is not I who tried to purge the list, I just elaborated what charter says.

I also understand that the voters list to cast their vote in Charter Amendment is not on the above basis, (only 106), but I used this figure for the qualification of the required 2/3 votes.

Imran