[governance] Communication Challenges [Brainstorming]

Rudi Vansnick rudi.vansnick at isoc.be
Fri Feb 15 16:06:29 EST 2013

Language is important, and most often the barrier for people to be engaged and involved thus allowing them to participate in governance and policy matters.
Translation is indeed a solution, however, it is almost impossible to translate all and everything in any language. For instance, as Dutch is my mother tongue I would expect the documents would be translated in Dutch. And so will expect everyone. Mission impossible ...

Translation in just a few languages is not fair against all other languages.

Just my 2 cents

Rudi Vansnick

Op 15-feb-2013, om 21:20 heeft Nick Ashton-Hart het volgende geschreven: