[governance] Re: caucus contribution -> possible replacement terms for NN?

Avri Doria avri at acm.org
Wed Feb 13 15:22:26 EST 2013

On 13 Feb 2013, at 14:20, Norbert Bollow wrote:

> Would the following be acceptable as a replacement?
>
> “How to maintain the principle (sometimes referred to as ‘net
> neutrality’) that the price which an ISPs charges their customer for
> exchanging data packets via the Internet shall not depend on the
> content of the data packets, nor on who specifically is the remote
> party? What shall be the mechanisms and institutions involved in this
> process?”

It is close, though I think it needs some wordsmithing.  A suggestion:

“
How to maintain the principle

(referred to by some as ‘net neutrality’)

that the price which an ISPs charges their customer for
exchanging data packets via the Internet shall not depend on the
content of the data packets, nor shall it depend on source or destination
party?

How shall the  key architectural principle of best effort service for all user traffic
in the global Internet be preserved?
”

thanks

avri