[governance] caucus contribution -> proposed footnote on process

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Wed Feb 13 12:27:27 EST 2013

Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> On 13 Feb 2013, at 08:59, Norbert Bollow wrote:

> >> Paragraph 1
> >> ===========
> >> Current text: "Here are the concerns and suggestions of the Civil
> >> Society Internet Governance Caucus on IGF themes and format and the
> >> way forward:"
> >>
> >> Avri has commented: "I suggest that a paragragh be added about how
> >> these comments were developed in a bottom-up manner. i.e a few
> >> words on the process that was followed."
> >>
> >> Proposed resolution: None yet. Please propose specific text. If no
> >> specific proposal is made, by default no such additional paragraph
> >> will be added.
> >>

> Norbert, you have frequently writen about your process.  extract a
> few of your sentence

Ok, since you insist :-)

I hereby propose a footnote to be added at the end of paragraph 1, with
the following text: "These comments have been developed, in a bottom-up
manner, using the following process: Using the mailing list and online
working area of the Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus, comments
were gathered and initial drafts for the statement were created in an
informal manner. Following that, the statement has been formalized by
means of a formal consensus process, during which the civil society
representatives who are members of the caucus were able to raise issues
about the draft statement, such as suggestions for additions, deletions
and changes. These issues were then discussed with the goal of finding
a phrasing that would be acceptable to all who participated in the
discussion. Those points on which it was not possible to reach
consensus were deleted from the draft statement. The result is a
statement which therefore reflects the consensus of the Civil Society
Internet Governance Caucus."

Greetings,
Norbert