[governance] Civil Society speaker slots at WSIS+10 in Paris

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 11:34:05 EST 2013

It looks now that I'll be there and I'm interested in presenting in one of
the slots... preferably one where my interests/involvements in grassroots
and community based use of ICTs (community informatics) would be of some
value. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_informatics

Depending on the slot it might be interesting/useful to engage the broader
community informatics network(s) (currently about 1500 strong)
http://vancouvercommunity.net/lists/arc/ciresearchers in providing input
into a presentation.

The current plan now among those of us active/interested in both the CI
networks and IG/WSIS issues is to work towards some active involvement from
that network in the WSIS +10 preparations and then the event itself (and
hopefully broaden the current base of engagement to include a lot more
grassroots actors and associated researchers).