[governance] FOCUS - 'Basic Gripes'

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Tue Feb 5 10:09:29 EST 2013

Funnily enough I have had my fair share of discussions on circleid where I compare domain tasting of the sort you mention with the tulip and south sea bubbles.  They went away when the add grace period was killed off.   All this discussion took place in 2007, just before ICANN did kill off the add grace period (feb 2008).

http://www.circleid.com/posts/domain_name_portfolios_worth/

And I see registrars and registries work together to take down criminal domains (malware c&c etc) on a regular basis.  Not particularly newsworthy at all - any more than street cleaning and making sure the garbage is collected is.

--srs (iPad)