[governance] Civil Society speaker slots at WSIS+10 in Paris

Anriette Esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
Tue Feb 5 03:55:35 EST 2013

Dear Norbert and all

>From APC the following will be present: Karen Banks, Valeria Betancourt,
Chat Garcia Ramilloand myself.

I think the input from CS should focus on the CS statement we drafted
and submitted in December 2003: "Shaping information societies for human
needs". This was a powerful document.. and as research APC is doing at
the moment suggests.. many of the proposals in it have been overlookedin
the post-WSIS follow-up process.

As for possible speakersI would propose people who were involved
activity in CS participation in WSIS.

Many names come to mind, and I know Wolfgang will be there, and of
course Karen Banks who played a key role. Also Avri Doria.

But I wonder if Renate Bloem would be in Paris. Renate?

Renate sweat blood and tears to ensure civil society participation in
the WSISand I thinkhaving her speak at the opening of WSIS+10 would be
very appropriate.

Anriette

anriette esterhuysen anriette at apc.org
executive director, association for progressive communications
www.apc.org
po box 29755, melville 2109
south africa
tel/fax +27 11 726 1692