[governance] FOCUS - 'Basic Gripes'

Yehuda Katz yehudakatz at mailinator.com
Mon Feb 4 21:53:12 EST 2013

RE-FOCUS

First: My intention is not to 'demonize' ICANN, in an effort to "Re-Focus"
I believe that a new frame-alignment in several areas is over due.

However we still have not corrected problems associated to the 'Name-Drop'
system, and improved 'Policing' of Register's practices, and increased
'Enforcement' of policy...

Now It seems that J-F C. (Jefsey) Morfin finally got his "Semantic Web" wish.
(from back in the IcannAtLarge.Com days).
A slew of gTDLs are on the horizon, ... SO perhaps this Group can use this
opportunity to address the fore mentioned areas, on the coat-tails of the
present 'Modalities' (as Bernard would say).

Here are some current F.Y.I.s on the Icann-Front;

http://www.thedomains.com/2013/01/09/ntag-comments-on-rpms-strawman-proposal/

http://blog.icann.org/2012/03/thought-paper-on-domain-seizures-and-takedowns/

---
And now a comment:
IMHO The Younger-Generation is out-to-lunch (18-to-20 Something),
I do not believe that it’s their fault, If anything I blame "High Fiancé
Bankers" for hypnotizing this Generation into believing that Flipping (Houses,
Domains, Intellectual Property/IPO's ... etc.) leads too healthy financial
'tangible investment' in their own future. The Bankers are a machine out to
streamline maximum-interest-payments too their coffers, at the cost of
Generations.

We the Fifty-N-Older have to pull this back to reality, the Younger People do
not comprehend a "Social-Movement". They think Facebook, linked-in, pintrest,
yelp, twitter... is a social-movement....
I'll stop here.

Let’s get back to some 'Basic Gripes', something the Kids can understand.