[governance] AUDIO: State of the Net 2013 WCIT Panel

Louis Pouzin (well) pouzin at well.com
Mon Feb 4 12:03:28 EST 2013

On Sun, Feb 3, 2013 at 12:26 AM, Avri Doria <avri at acm.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Having now listened to the conversation, I find you comments curious.

I did not listen to the audio. The conference summary in Michael's post was
explicit enough.

In what way did it keep paranoia alive?  Whose paranoia? Of what?

See Milton's article, with which I agree.

ITU Phobia: Why WCIT was derailed
http://www.internetgovernance.org/2012/12/18/itu-phobia-why-wcit-was-derailed/

> And I must say, being somewhat conversant with the Joe McCarthy and the
> Times, that I did not understand this point either, can you explain the
> ways in which this was McCarthyesque.
>
> Well known witch hunt on "communists" in the 50's.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McCarthyism

Louis