[governance] Are Techies from Venus and Non-techies from Mars :)

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Fri Feb 1 02:43:40 EST 2013

On 01.02.13 09:26, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Out of curiosity - making loaded (mis)statements to score a political point - what would you classify that as, out of the two ways Hanlon's razor can slice such a statement?

Who said Hanlon has an easy answer for this?

I would call it "politics".

Political speech is often highly illogical and rarely based on any
facts. There is also not much difference between politics and religion.
Please note I make absolute difference between religion and belief(s).

By the way, I didn't intend to drag the nice Venus vs Mars metaphor into
politics or religion.

Daniel

PS: But if I have to strictly answer your question, I believe political
speech is the product of both malice and stupidity.
Malice, because the intention of political speech is to trigger
atavistic reaction by many who hear it, ultimately resulting in violence.
Stupidity, because those who involve in politics ultimately waste their
lifetime.
Perhaps, if we look at intentions only, malice is the driving force --
because most of those people almost never realize how stupid it all is.

I also believe we all are stupid or malicious at some point and in some
situation.