[governance] [bestbits] Call to Best Bits participants for nominations to Brazil meeting committees

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Fri Dec 27 00:33:26 EST 2013

On 26 Dec 2013, at 8:25 pm, Jean-Christophe NOTHIAS I The Global Journal <jc.nothias at theglobaljournal.net> wrote:

> David,
>
> Deeply faulty? Hmmm, hmmm.
>
> One question: from what I understand in this thread, there is a clique who wishes to have a representative in a 'committee'? And the answer so far is no,

	No, I think the answer has been 'this is under consideration'. I think your understanding of the thread is lacking.

[snipped]
> This is all a very fun game.

	No, it is a pointless and annoying game.

> How do you call this, as I don't find here anything related to Democracy  - You would be quite right to point our that IG has nothing to do with Democracy. Then, what is it that we are trying to achieve here?

	Democracy does not consist only of voting. Consultative committees etc are part of the process.

> I do believe that by acting is this way, we only demonstrate the overall incapacity of such representativity (whatever you will end with) to pretend acting in a fair way to CS, whatever clique we are thinking of.

	You may continue to attempt to demonstrate the overall incapacity of such representativity if you wish. I'd rather attempt to get some value out of whatever process we engage in. Each to their own.

> We know about what a Democratic divide or gap can do to our societies, and when fascists begin to prosper, it usually comes with this type of behavior. IG seems to be a 'mort-né' process. In such a case, all IG efforts will be easily constrain to stay un-heard, and un-productive.

	'fascist' is not quite invoking Godwins law, but close.

> Thanks for elaborating a bit over the concrete results you are aiming at.

	I'm sorry, the way you abstracted the question away made it more or less impossible to provide a concrete answer.

	Regards

		David