[governance] Fwd: New CSIS iTunes U Course: Cyber Threats & Technology Policy

Carolina Rossini carolina.rossini at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 18:50:25 EST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrew Schwartz <externalrelations at csis.org>
Date: Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Subject: New CSIS iTunes U Course: Cyber Threats & Technology Policy
To: rossini at newamerica.net

   To ensure receipt of our email, please add us to your safe senders list

 Dear Colleague,

CSIS always seeks to foster and inform the dialogue surrounding today’s
most important domestic and global issues. Technology has a prominent place
in our lives and with revelations of spying from both government and
non-government actors it is clear that these will be persistent concerns.
To address these critical topics, and to coincide with last week's "Hour of
Code," CSIS' newly named *Strategic Technologies Program
<http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMDc/index.html>*and
CSIS' *Project
on Cybersecurity
<http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMDg/index.html>*,
both led by my colleague Jim Lewis, have created a new course for iTunesU:
"Cyber Threats and Technology Policy."

The course provides comprehensive insight and fascinating discussions on
cyber-security, internet governance, drone warfare, the political and
security dimensions of space, U.S. preparedness for cyber attacks, the
impact of cyber espionage, and more. It features events and interviews from
some of the top minds in the country ranging from Director of the NSA Keith
Alexander and former Department of Homeland Security Secretary, Janet
Napolitano to CEOs of fortune 500 companies, journalists and
representatives from USAID and the UN. Below is a direct link to this
material on iTunes U. I hope that you find it an informative and
thought-provoking source for understanding some of today’s most pressing
challenges.

                                Access Cyber Threats and Technology Policy
on iTunes U
<http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMDk/index.html>

<http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMTA/index.html>As
always, I welcome your feedback.

Sincerely,

H. Andrew Schwartz
Senior Vice President for External Relations
Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
www.csis.org<http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMTE/index.html>

<http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMTI/index.html>
<http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMTM/index.html>
<http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMTQ/index.html>
<http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMTU/index.html>
<http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMTY/index.html>
<http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMTc/index.html>
 <http://CSIS.informz.net/z/cjUucD9taT0zNjkwNTgwJnA9MSZ1PTEwNTEyNzAxNDgmbGk9MjA0MTEwMTg/index.html>

To unsubscribe from all CSIS emails, please click
here<http://CSIS.informz.net/CSIS/default.asp?action=u&email=rossini@newamerica.net&mi=3690580>
.

  [image: Informz for
iMIS]<http://pod4.informz.net/z/cmVkOC5hc3A_dT0xMDUxMjcwMTQ4Jm1pPTM2OTA1ODAmbD0x/index.html>

--
*Carolina Rossini*
*Project Director, Latin America Resource Center*