[governance] The "other" school of thought in the Indian government

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Sat Dec 7 21:40:11 EST 2013

The one that likes to talk about the CIRP I guess, and mostly home affairs and the security agencies, while the telecom ministry (while it lasts, I don't think it will, after the coming general election) under minister Sibal seems committed to multistakeholderism

Some gratuitous flings against unnamed multistakeholder actors and against multistakeholderism in general, and half baked appearing comments about Indian domain names being stored in India .. Mixing up the AOC with the idea of keeping local data and traffic local.

Though you do have to apply the usual filters needed for information supplied by a reporter whose only knowledge of the Internet is IE and outlook)

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/technology/internet/india-to-push-for-freeing-internet-from-us-control/article5434095.ece?homepage=true

--srs (iPad)