[governance] Fwd: Re: [I-coordination] Nominations to /1Net Steering committee & Brazil Meeting Organising commitees

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Thu Dec 5 07:23:32 EST 2013

Please see below my email to the coordinator of 1net, Adiel..

I really find it very inappropriate that after civil society made it
very clear that they would like to deal directly with the Brazilian
organisers the below announcement is being made in a business as usual
manner...

I am less sure about the current intentions of the Brazilian organisers,
CGI.Br, but my understanding is that they have also decided to deal
directly with each stakeholder group.

So, not at all able to understand what is happening here...

Request our Brazilian liaisons to clarify, and if needed, obtain
clarification from CGI.Br.

My understanding is that CGI.Br is the organiser of the 'Brazil meeting'
and 1net has no official or unofficial status with regard to it... any
more than any other group which may self organise to engage with the
important Brazil meeting.

thanks, parminder