[governance] [At-Large] The Internet as we know it is dead

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Sat Aug 31 09:57:10 EDT 2013

On Aug 31, 2013, at 6:09 AM, JFC Morfin <jefsey at jefsey.com> wrote:
> Don't you think routing may have to do with details like architecture, RFCs, addressing plan, IP allocation, RIR strategies?

Sure.

> Why is there only one source of IPv6 addresses, when ITU had expressed the interest in managing its own IPv6 adressing plan?
> Why has Civil Society never been proposed to manage its own IPv6 adressing plan?

Because the usefulness of IPv6 addresses (like IPv4 addresses) is constrained by network topology, not politics or whether they feel good, thus for the Internet to actually scale, you need them to be allocated by service providers, not politicians?

> Why is this that RIRs have been the first to endorse OpenStand RFC 6852 http://open-stand.org/home-page/endorsements/?

Because they agreed with the document?

Regards,
-drc