[governance] On "ad hominem" and "twisting words"

Bertrand de La Chapelle bdelachapelle at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 05:49:05 EDT 2013

Dear Parminder,

You will excuse me, but I do not intend to engage in a long exchange on
this. I have said what I felt. I think it is time to move forward and not
waste people's time that could be devoted to something more useful. One can
survive with egos bruised. It's a proof of moral strength and willingness
to work for the common good.

Your response below however seems to imply you have little desire to help
calm things down, let alone recognize when your attitude may hurt others.
If you are looking for a confrontation, I regret it but will not be the
sparring partner you are looking for. Flame wars are not my cup of tea.
Besides, I am now on well deserved holidays and intend to enjoy them.

We will have other opportunities to address this in person in the coming
months, if the grudge persists after a few weeks.

For now, I wish you and the list a very happy month of August and a good
preparation of what awaits us in September.

Best as always

Bertrand

--