[governance] RE: [IRPCoalition] Working Group on Enhanced Cooperation

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 04:37:23 EDT 2013

I'm noticing the proliferation of q'aires in this space as in others (Survey
Monkey et al have a lot to answer for...

I'm personally very reluctant to put a lot of time/energy into replying
without knowing in advance how/who will be dealing with the responses.  My
fear/expectation is that a lot of these q'aires are simply easy ways of
checking off/managing the need for broad (public) input without any real
likelihood that the result will be anything much more (in the best instance)
than a highly selected set of quotations presented as "evidence" in a final
report whose conclusions/recommendations are determined elsewhere.

I think that these q'aires are most frequently unfortunate substitutes for
real formalized/organized processes of providing/obtaining systematic and
considered input from relevant interested parties.  And in this I'm also and
specifically including the q'aire re: Enhanced Cooperation where I have not
seen (I could have missed it) any statement of what exactly will be done
with the q'aires that people seem to be putting so much effort towards.