[governance] News from this week's MAG call?

JFC Morfin jefsey at jefsey.com
Thu Aug 8 13:19:38 EDT 2013

At 09:37 08/08/2013, Norbert Bollow wrote:
>Hmm... what are the "Global Multi-Stakeholder Cyber Ethics
>Principles", and why are they going to be discussed in the absence
>of civil society? Are invitations to participate in that "High Level
>Leaders Meeting" available as part of some kind of sponsorshop package?

These "Global Multi-Stakeholder Cyber Ethics Principles" are what I
call "nethiquette". This debate is about what I explained to be
happening, and Jeremy has introduced the leaders. This is the private
sector's strategy to consolidate a common regalian domain (ICT
Ministers) + private sector statUS-quo oriented doctrine + an
international terminology based conceptual evolution of the
information technology (cf. Norbert Bollow recent mail on JTC1/SC38).
The HLLM is only to entrap governments between champagne and salmon
into the belief that there is a consensus.

The case is not really against us, as a civil society, but against a
reality that they cannot master. They just do not know (*) how to
cope with it in a concordant enough coopetitive manner. This is
because reality is to be addressed at the architectonic layer, which
is something no one ever mastered (it is the first time in history
that nations and people not only use their natural environment but
also have to build first their cyber global artificial environment).

In front of this HLLM we have two possible attitudes:
- to force our place in their bandwagon as Parminder wishes to do and
Ayesha advises us. I certainly support that in order to try to wake
up some allies, for those having the time and money for it. I don't.
- to explore and settle in the new world, so that we may survive our
current dominants. This calls for time, coordination, and software
development work. We don't have those either. I only have a proven
architecture to expose (reality will take care of imposing it, it
will only take more time and cost more).

  jfc

(*)  This looks too complex to them. So they are trying to build a
virtual dam against it (through terminology, mutual agreements, SOPA,
PRISM, pseudo-science like in the economy, and a general disregarding
of  what they wish to consider as intricate mutually resolving
Gaussian probabilities) in order to save the system they know. Or at
least parts of it.  This is the "statUS-quo" because the US industry
seems (along Gaussian or "normal" probabilities) to be the strongest
existing structure that is able to resist the "cyberstorm".

For them all it is a question of survival. However, their raft cannot
survive because their model (as banks financing them) is wrong: just
because normal distribution
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normal_distribution) is for past
events. Possible (hence future) events obey to power law
distribution
(<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_law>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_law,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scale-free_network). There is nothing
special, about this: this purely mathematical. If you want to fully
enjoy understanding what is happening please watch
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPQViNNOAkw>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPQViNNOAkw.
And tell me if this is not what you experiment all around?

If you want to understand the thread on the "normal business" and why
they fear for their market share, have a look at
<http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/22/mitra-zoho-india-tech-inter-cx_sm_0222mitra.html>http://www.forbes.com/2008/02/22/mitra-zoho-india-tech-inter-cx_sm_0222mitra.html
and click the more detailed interview. The whole issue is summarized
in the difference between business and people oriented business
models of SalesForce.com and Zoho.com.