[governance] IGC and substantive issues (was Re: Digital restrictions...)

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Mon Apr 29 01:39:28 EDT 2013

I don't think Avri meant there should be no substantive
discussions on the list at all, rather just that in this
particular issue (supporting the appeal that is, not
html5/drm in general) it would be best avoided - and I agree,
for time is limited and the appeal is simple enough,
it would be more effective to support it as is now
than with long and detailed argument later.

Of course nothing stops as from doing both, and certainly
drm in general would merit a long substantive debate,
but right now I think it'd be best to seek consensus for
a simple "IGC supports this" -statement.

Remember Voltaire: "Better is enemy of the good".

--
Tapani Tarvainen