[governance] Leadership position for ICANN are open just till May 1st! APPLY NOW!

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Sun Apr 21 09:43:47 EDT 2013

Hi,

> Http://nomcom.icann.org

One thing to point out on this for those who have trouble traveling to things

> Reasonable direct expenses incurred in the course of service will be reimbursed.

And while you might find that their notion of "reasonable"* and yours might not always align, they do pay for people to travel to and from all required ICANN meetings.  But know that if you volunteer to be considered for one of the roles, you will not have to worry about fundraising for your travel costs.

I think this is not only a good opportunity to get involved in some of the nitty gritty of Internet governance, it is a chance to work in one of the handful of  areas I know of that serves as active crucible for applied experimentation and development in multistakeholder model of regulatory functions.  The Nomcom process Vonda mentioned is, in my view, the way to try to bring those who are involved in Internet governance but not already directly involved in ICANN into this particular effort.  Remember half of the voting members of the ICANN Board is made up of volunteers picked by the Nomcom process.

There are definitely people on this list who I think would benefit ICANN by their participation, and even perhaps find some benefit for themselves in participation in the process.

avri

*In fact as a Board member, you would even get 3 years of Business class travel.  They do treat board members reasonably well, and everyone else get treated ok, for the most part, for some definition of ok.