[governance] Internet as a commons/ public good

Kerry Brown kerry at kdbsystems.com
Sat Apr 20 14:08:38 EDT 2013

As long as the potential of communication is there the fact that the particular network you are connected to chooses to block some types of communication is a decision that the managers of the network have a right to make. You can still send the email to any other endpoint on the Internet that will accept it. You just have to use a different method. This can't be conflated with the issue where some networks block some endpoints from communicating with other endpoints by any method. That is a human rights issue that isn't limited to the Internet.

Kerry Brown