[governance] [Dewayne-Net] REINHART AND ROGOFF: 'Full Stop,' We Made A Microsoft Excel Blunder In Our Debt Study, And It Makes A Difference

michael gurstein gurstein at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 20:55:55 EDT 2013

David,

My reference was overall to Economists' work as Economists (but I see where
there was probably an ambiguity in what I wrote... and yes, evidence based
policy is certainly a good idea if the evidence is accurate, appropriate,
unbiased i.e. not ideologically driven etc.etc. But there should always be a
caution and a modesty concerning linking policy particularly to theory in an
area as inexact as Economics and that's where the hubris comes in...