[governance] Conflicts in Internet Governance

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Tue Apr 16 10:19:01 EDT 2013

In message
<CAPcSPKWMW3jOdAkLszk09gFaKHTNU-PzNumixX17wwNsyjjgpQ at mail.gmail.com>, at
16:00:20 on Tue, 16 Apr 2013, Baudouin Schombe
<baudouin.schombe at gmail.com> writes
>Control of the Internet by the government becomes a daily topic
>polysemic character: what should be definitive in our position, of
>civil society?

I'd step back one stage, and ask if Civil Society has a consensus
position on the matter.

There are some Civil Society pressure groups (which are a good thing,
including this is one) who manage to reach a certain degree of consensus
on certain issues, but I'm constantly encountering members of wider
civil society who feel their needs are being ignored.

Ridding them of spam, whatever it takes, is probably at the top of their
agenda. I'm fairly confident that little of what we discuss on this list
is aimed at that.
--
Roland Perry