[governance] Conflicts in Internet Governance

Roland Perry roland at internetpolicyagency.com
Fri Apr 12 12:40:45 EDT 2013

One of the most significant I'm aware of (and I hope this is within the
remit of your question): The private sector has built extensive networks
[fixed and mobile] using $billons of investment on which their
shareholders [many of whom are the consumers' pension funds] expect a
return, versus many customers who feel entitled to have unlimited usage
for a relatively trivial monthly payment (which they sometimes dress up
as "Network Neutrality").

I post this not to support either of the above points of view, but
merely to inform readers of the conflict it unquestionably represents.
--
Roland Perry