[governance] Message to IGC/ was formal notice to Suresh

Riaz K Tayob riaz.tayob at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 02:17:21 EDT 2013

1. I do not like anyone who makes a contribution to be marginalised. But
if the tenor is 'eye for an eye' then there is also justice in that, as
I have found it necessary to assert from time to time.

2. There is a need for countermajoritarian approaches to deal with
"minorities" and minority views, one need only recall the single tooter
campaign to acknowledge the importance of this.

3. Third Worldist views on this list are frequent recipients of
lambasting in the most hostile terms (which are tolerated). There can be
no fairness unless this is corrected. By that I mean, entertaining
ideas, not necessarily having to agree with them. There is a qualitative
difference between those whose views largely find support from the rich
and powerful countries, and minority views (CIR, public interest or
non-market orientation, legitimacy, etc).

Well done coordinators, lets hope it works this time cos I recall one
time when this was tried here the argument was this is just like the
culture of the IETF where there is robust discussion. Robust discussion
can be civil.

Thanks Norbert and Sala for raising the bar on civility!