[governance] Report of ICANN 46 Beijing meeting (1)

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Tue Apr 9 01:03:16 EDT 2013

Thanks Fouad, who is sitting next next seat to me now.

To follow, I agree with you and that is why I added "(within ICANN remit)"
to the original question which did not contain reference to ICANN space at
all if I remember
correctly.

Bu even so, the use of Domain name and IP addresses do impact the end users
who have no idea about these explicitly.

I just spoke with one guy from Brazil, received ICANN fellowship like me,
who is running a small ISP in Brazil, Port Alegre, and asked him how many
ISPs are there in Barzil. 3,000. He also mentioned about the Indian LAN
House,
village level Internet Cafe but providing some connectivity around, I assume
(correct me if I am wrong), and how do you find the best interest of ISPs
globally could be a challenge equally.

izumi

--
                     >> Izumi Aizu <<