[governance] Message to IGC/ was formal notice to Suresh

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 08:25:59 EDT 2013

Norbert,

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 6:37 AM, Norbert Bollow <nb at bollow.ch> wrote:
> [with IGC coordinator hat on]
>
> Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:
>
>> This is not a question of content at all, Sala.  It is a question of
>> neutrality - which, right now, I am not questioning, though I do ask
>> that the coordinators introspect before taking any future action in
>> such a matter.
>>
>> Please allow me to summarize the situation.
>>
>> 1. The credentials of a person nominated to represent another
>> stakeholder group were questioned, without - as it turns out - doing
>> any due diligence at all (as simple as a google search that would
>> show him eminently qualified to represent that community)
>
> That is a misrepresentation of the situation.

it is not.

Guru called it "absurd".

> Parminder's posting, to which that particular example of an offensive
> personal attack was a response, was not about questioning the
> credentials of any particular nominee.
>
> Rather, the topic of Parminder's email was whether the intended meaning
> (from the perspective of the "technical and academic" focal point) of
> the phrase "community of organizations and individuals who are involved
> in the day-to-day operational management of the Internet and who work
> within this" is broad enough to include "Internet2" participants simply
> on the basis of being "Internet2" participants (independently of what
> other qualifications they may have), or not. Parminder was asking for
> clarification of this question. At least in my reading of the posting,
> Parminder was not in any way questioning any nominee's qualifications.
>
> In any case, that particular example of an offensive personal attack
> against Parminder was only an example. Many other examples could have
> been given.

and the personal attacks BY Parminder:

"One keeps hoping that you and your ilk will one day learn to conduct
an open host discussion in the democratic tradition. I am sick of this
kind of petulant contemptuous responses"

> We're not going to discuss this in detail here on the list. If you
> disagree with the warning, you can use the appeal process.

Perhaps you should take on board the feedback from the dozen folk who
have already agreed with Milton?

--
Cheers,

McTim