[governance] Message to IGC/ was formal notice to Suresh

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Mon Apr 8 08:08:05 EDT 2013

[with IGC coordinator hat on]

Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:

> In these situations, I would have stepped in long before, on another
> civil society mailing list (till very recently hosted on cpsr.org but
> now moving to a new home as cpsr is defunct) that I have been joint
> admin of for over a decade now, and more importantly, so would the
> other moderators on that list - but more to maintain neutrality and
> avoid conflicts with other stakeholder groups, than to object to the
> tone of the discussion as long as it avoided profanity.

Maybe one solution would be for the people who agree with you on what
kind of policy is desirable, to join that list?

If you wish to do so, you're welcome to post an invitation for joining
the list that you co-moderate.

In any case, the possibility of charter amendments notwithstanding,
the IGC will continue to be what its Charter [1] determines it to be,
even if you don't like those rules.
[1] http://igcaucus.org/charter

Greetings,
Norbert