[governance] RE: [IRPCoalition] Ex-White House Official Joins Group Fighting "Excessive" Online Privacy Laws

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Tue Apr 2 17:51:52 EDT 2013

[Milton L Mueller]  Um. Either I don't understand what you are saying or you don't quite understand the concept of regulatory capture. We can have a coherent debate on "we need global regulation" vs. "we don't need it", and we can have a coherent debate about whether regulatory agency X has or has not been captured, but I would submit that the assertion above is literally meaningless.